Personal Blogs Blog Directory The Daily Brain Shelter: Love Affairs and Liquor Bottles

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Love Affairs and Liquor Bottles

Well......Halloween just passed, and I had a great time. I dressed up for the first time in several years and really had a blast. I wish I could say the same for everyone else. While some were out having a great time, either alone or with their significant others, many others were arguing and letting a little whiskey cloud their better judgment.

Sometimes it really baffles me what a little alcohol can do. For some, it just makes them want to sing and dance......for others, it brings out their insecurities and inner demons. "Why are you talking to him/her? Are they better looking than me? Why don't you just sleep with them?!@# Take me home! I hate you. We're through."

We've all heard comments like this before. Maybe we've even made them. Either way, they are counterproductive and they really do ruin our relationships. Let's be honest, the alcohol is hardly the real reason..... it's merely just the catalyst. So what's the real reason(s)? Unresolved life issues. Let's say I have low self esteem and feelings of low self worth......I've had a hard time finding dates throughout my entire life due to the shyness that has resulted from these issues and then I finally find someone very attractive who loves me(but I'm not so sure as to why or what would make them stay with me over someone else). Now, put a little alcohol in me.... and on the wrong night, everything is bound to come undone. I'm likely to get jealous, make accusations, be antisocial, argue with others, feel depressed, etc. Well, you get the picture.

So what am I to do? Avoid drinking? Tell my significant other not to drink? No. Communicate more about your life.....and do it in proper context, with proper timing in a proper setting. Make your significant other aware of your feelings so that they may be attentive to them in advance. Also, this may provide you with an outlet to resolve them and to find out that there is no reason to have some of your past issues at the present time. Life is good now....and somebody loves you. Why throw it away because your mind's playing tricks on you? Be just as attentive to them and to yourself as they are to you. With proper communication and attentive behavior, you just might find that next time you go out for a night on the town, it will be filled with fun and free of stress and worry. Take care everyone!

See you next time!!!

2 comments: