Personal Blogs Blog Directory The Daily Brain Shelter: Struggle vs. The Cheeseburger

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Struggle vs. The Cheeseburger

"Life is a journey......not a destination". That being said, those who stick out the hard times and keep on truckin' are almost always the ones that reap the greatest of rewards in the end. On the flip side, those who do not have the grit or the intestinal fortitude to endure such struggle usually end up beaten down by life, bitter, depressed and left deprived of all desirable remunerations.

While sometimes I'm a big fan of the saying "The best things in life are free"(hey, I like a free cheeseburger as much as the next guy!).............I'm also a firm believer in the theory that the best things in life are those that you sweat, struggle and break your back for. When something doesn't come easy and you have to earn it, we almost always tend to value it much more than anything that merely falls into our lap. I'm sure each and everyone of you know what I'm talking about.

Now should life be an endless struggle? Of course not. But should we expect it to be a series of one free cheeseburger after the next? No. That really wouldn't be so rewarding either. So if you've been living the past several months or even years of your life expecting the free burgers to keep coming your way, you are only short changing yourself and setting yourself up for a lifetime of disappointment. Rarely do continous handouts like this ever happen.....and should you be so "lucky" to have this happen, you will never experience the pride of accomplishment. You will never experience the pride that comes with earning something that you struggled with or worked hard for. That, is a certain type of satisfaction that no endless amount of free cheeseburgers can replace.

Ultimately, your life is your choice. Only you can decide how you want to proceed with your daily functions. I know that I've had my share of struggles and my share of free cheeseburgers, and when I look back......I've always learned the most and appreciated the most from my times of struggle. In retrospect, they have ultimately led to the greatest long term personal gains, fulfillments and successes. In hindsight, struggle is something I would never go back in time and change. As for the free cheeseburgers? I probably could have survived just fine without them anyway. For those of you currently going through times of struggle, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. This will not all be in vain. Keep truckin'! Take care everyone!

See you next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment