Personal Blogs Blog Directory The Daily Brain Shelter: Here's to your health!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Here's to your health!

Recently I was driving down the road and I saw a bumper sticker on a car that really made me stop and think. It said "Ignore you health.....and it will go away." In 2005, I spent almost a full year in a bed because I ignored my health....and sure enough, it went away. Fortunately, I got it back. Many people have much more severe issues. Their health may never return.

So why am I writing this you ask? I am writing this as a wake up call. I am writing this to reach out to at least one person out there....hopefully more. Don't ignore your health people. It will go away. How many of you are eating fast food daily, have high blood pressure or have high cholesterol? How many of you are having trouble breathing or enjoying life because you are carrying too much weight? Have you been drinking too much or too often....for way too long? Smoking? Doing various drugs since you were young and didn't know much better? What are your risk factors? Please people, when you get done reading this take a moment to stop and picture your family. Picture your friends. Picture yourself in the best of health...and in the worst of health. Make a change. Make it today.

How do I start? That is always the big question. Start by walking(briskly) for 20 minutes each night and cutting your carbohydrates in half. Gradually, increase the amount of time you are walking for(or do a second 20 minute session in the morning) and reduce carbohydrates a little more until you get where you want to be. If you are a smoker, cut down by two cigarrettes every 3-5 days(no exceptions....I don't care how much so and so pissed you off at work). If you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol, first see your doctor, then lower your saturated fats, trans-fats and start the exercise program above as soon as the MD gives you the green light.

These are just a few suggestions on how you or someone you know can get started today. I hope that this has helped at least one person out there. Just remember, "Ignore your health...and it will go away." Tune in again next time guys for another installent of "The Daily Brain Shelter".

Here's to your health!

1 comment:

  1. You give me the time for thinking my health and my life. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete