Personal Blogs Blog Directory The Daily Brain Shelter: Overcome and Conquer

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Overcome and Conquer

Many people in this world have been faced with depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem. All to often these conditions seem to replace people's ambition and confidence with self defeating thoughts and low morale. Boys and girls who were going to fly to the moon and discover new stars, now can not make a trip to Wal-Mart during rush hour.

So what ever happened anyway? I'll break down what I believe is the general idea for you....just make sure to keep in mind that each individual's circumstances differ from one to the next. My belief, is that somewhere along the way, we feel as if we are a lesser than. Sometimes we are mocked, put down, told that we can't or just faced with embarassment or pain. As individuals our minds usually do one of two things(depending on where we are in our lives and how we feel about ourselves): We either #1.turn inward and become depressed, anxious, and more introverted and shy or, # 2. we draw inward for the strength that EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US possesses. Then, we OVERCOME and we CONQUER!

When I was younger, I turned inward with depression, anxiety, and low self-esteem. As I grew older, I became more comfortable in my own skin. I thought about things differently....for instance, I realized that the people that were putting me down or putting others down, were people that I would never want to be associated with anyway(even if they were the popular ones). I then started noticing just how many flaws they had as well. Once I noticed that, I started putting two and two together. They were picking on others because either they were once picked on(so this was how they avoided being picked on), or, purely because they just didn't like themselves(no matter how cocky they were).

It took several years after these initial realizations for things to sink in, but the more and more they did, the stronger I became. Now I don't get walked on. I Overcome and I Conquer! It's mind over matter ladies and gentlemen....the real battle is in our heads. Take care!

See you next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment