Personal Blogs Blog Directory The Daily Brain Shelter: We All Have Bad Days

Friday, July 10, 2009

We All Have Bad Days

Guess what? We all have bad days sometimes. Today was a bad day for me. My business is off to a slow start, the economic recession is taking a toll on my finances, and the light at the end of the tunnel just wasn't shining too bright today.

When I was in my early twenties, this would have got me down big time. Now that I am older and have gone through much bigger things such as dealing with 4 years of vertigo(one of them in a bed), I am able to see things a little more clearly. Even when life gets rough, I can take it on the chin.

So how do I do it? I deal with my feelings as I am feeling them(sadness, frustration, anger, etc). I talk about them with a friend or family member if they are available. Then, I try to make peace with my situation and stop my counterproductive or negative thoughts, so I don't get stuck in a downward spiral of pessimism and hopelessness. Later that day or evening, I make sure to exercise vigorously, and then to laugh with a friend or to watch a comedy movie. If I am still plagued by my thoughts, I will write them out, or confront the source of my emotions if at all possible.

Before I take off, let me get one thing clear: Nobody has good days everyday. Everyone has their share of bad days. Some just disguise it better than others. Their lives are not as picture perfect as they would like you to believe, so don't be fooled.... not even for a minute. Next time you are having a bad day, don't use it as an excuse to throw a right cross at a co-worker, but also, don't lie to yourself about how you feel. Talk about it. Vent. Exercise. Laugh. Use whatever techniques you want. Please just realize that it is just a bad day, and that we all have them. Take care everyone!

See you next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment