Personal Blogs Blog Directory The Daily Brain Shelter: Little Miracles

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Little Miracles

The past few days of my life have been nothing short of nail biting. A few days ago, my (male) dog was bleeding multiple times a day when using the restroom. When the vet examined him, it turned out it was a bacterial infection. He was going to be fine.

Last night my female dog starts vomiting every thirty minutes until she can no longer hold herself up. Finally, this morning, she throws up a pinkish color.....not good. That means my dog is vomiting blood. I rushed her to the vet, who was equally as concerned, so he ran a ton of lab work. Everything came back normal. He said that, while this was good news, it was a little baffling and that I should monitor her for the next day or so. If she throws up again, I need to take her back to be hospitalized.

As any loving pet owners knows, this is the last thing you want to have happen to your dog(or cat). It was horrible. What was worse was having to pick her "lifeless" body out of the car and bring her into the house. She could hardly move on her own.

Several hours later, she still had not vomited, but she was still very lethargic. Virtually no movement besides breathing. And now, I had to perform at a private party(I sing and play guitar). This was not an easy feeling. I did not want to leave her.....but I made the leap. I said a prayer and hit the road. Luckily, I have a wonderful brother who came in and checked on my dogs after he left work.

The entire time I was performing, all I could think about was my dog. I kept saying little prayers, and thinking about the faces of my little miracles. They have been such wonderful friends to me. They have helped me through a divorce, a long term illness, and through many wonderful times as well. I must say..... I really love them!

After my duties as a performer were fulfilled, I sped home, only to find her............alive, happy, and full of joy! It was almost like she had never been sick. She still wasn't quite as energetic, but she sure was close! It was amazing! Those two dogs are fighters. They never cease to amaze me. They really are my little miracles!

So, if you have kids, or pets......take a good look into their eyes. You will see their innocence. You will feel an overwhelming sense of love and compassion for them. You will realize that they truely are precious, little miracles! Take care everyone!!!

See you next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment