Personal Blogs Blog Directory The Daily Brain Shelter: You Can Lead A Horse To Water

Sunday, August 16, 2009

You Can Lead A Horse To Water

Sometimes we find ourselves face to face with unimaginable opportunities. One minute we are at the lowest points of our lives.......then, in what seems like the blink of an eye, a man hands us three magic beans(remember the tale of Jack and the Bean Stalk). Some of us will plant these beans(or seeds) and grow a beanstalk. Others will simply stare at these magic beans in their hands, fully aware of their potential, and will never capitalize on what these seeds have to offer them.

I have been watching these two scenarios unravel over and over again lately, right before my very eyes.....in myself, and in individuals that surround me daily. Have you ever heard the saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" ? This is holds true also when depicting the relationship between humans and opportunity. You can lead a man to opportunity, but you can't force him to capitalize on it.

I have been experiencing this so, so much lately. I have been presented with some wonderful opportunities, that I am taking full advantage of. I have tried to light fires under the backsides of others so they may come along for the ride(seeing as they have all of the talent in the world), but they just don't seem to want to focus or work hard enough to capitalize on their own opportunities that have merely just stemmed from my own. I guess they just have to want it bad enough.

So, how thirsty are you? The water is right in front of you. Will you drink it or will you just stare out into the pond and count the ripples? Time is passing my friend. Opportunities have already come and gone. You have already lost out once before. Will you lose out again? I won't. I'm as dry as a desert and as thirsty as a camel. I'll see you at the fountain my friend. Take care everyone!

See you next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment