Personal Blogs Blog Directory The Daily Brain Shelter: Laziness

Monday, August 31, 2009

Laziness

"Get off your ass and do something with yourself already! How old are you now?" I believe those were at least two of the phrases that went through my head recently as my 28th birthday whizzed by. It wasn't until this lastest coming of age that I realized just how long I'd been spinning my wheels and doing nothing with myself. Sure, for 3 and a half years, I had a legitimate excuse. I was sick. I had a massive vertigo disorder and migraines all day everyday......but that was then.

Unfortunately, my years of stagnation did not start when I got sick.....those years just reenforced old habits.....and basically supersized them. In all reality, I had not been living up to my true potential since the 7th grade, when something inside me got depressed and just called it quits. As time went on, things just got worse. I wanted less and less out of life, and was willing to do less and less to get there. That is....until I was bed ridden long enough.

After spending 20 hours a day in bed, I started itching to live again. I started becoming motivated to do anything. I was having all kinds of crazy thoughts......like going to school! If you knew me then, that was always out of the question. Turns out, here I am a few years later attending my 2nd semester of community college. I'm no candidate for the rocket science program, but I seem to be making my way just fine. Why? Because I'm finally working. I'm choosing not to be lazy. I have realized that if you want anything in this world, you must go out and take it......and oftentimes, you have to earn it. So with that being said, if you are not out there achieving your potential, let me be the first to say the same words to you that I said to myself just a few weeks ago "Get off of your ass and do something with yourself already! How old are you now?" Stop being lazy already. You owe it to yourself and to everyone around you. Take care everyone!

See you next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment